LAHAD DATU,( Sept 2) — Police have identified the individuals allegedly responsible for calling for the secession of Sabah from Malaysia, according to Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohd Bakri Mohd Zinin.
He said they would be investigated for allegedly making seditious statements.
“Stern action will be taken against them for inciting the people in Sabah to hate Malaysia,” he told a press conference after opening the Lahad Datu District Police headquarters complex here Tuesday.
On Saturday, at a programme in Sipitang, Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin warned against attempts to undermine the people’s cooperation, security and unity by calling for the secession.
He stressed that police would not take the matter lightly as the statements were found to have been deliberately made to cause chaos in the country.
On another matter, Mohd Bakri said the curfew imposed in the waters off Sabah’s east coast would only be called off if the level of security returns to normal.
He said every action taken by the authorities was based on security requirements and the people should note that the curfew had been effective in curbing activities that could threaten Sabah’s security.– BERNAMA