KOTA KINABALU, (June 19) — A criminal investigation officer told the High Court here Thursday that his notes of seized items he received from a General Operations Force (GOF) officer had missed out details of two bullets.
Inspector Jamirin Kintai admitted to making the mistake when he noted 55 bullets instead of 57 bullets handed over to him by ASP Mursalim Mohd Salleh on March 8, last year at the VAT69 Tactical Base in Felda Sahabat 16, Lahad Datu.
“At first, when I was taking notes (of the seized items), I counted there were 57 bullets. After that, I handed over the items to a forensics officer.
“Then I went back (to the Cenderawasih police station) with my notes and copied it (onto A4-sized paper). So, I might have made a mistake because I was in a hurry),” he explained.
He said he had discarded the original pieces of paper on which he made notes while receiving the seized items from Mursalim.
Jamirin also acknowledged that all the 57 bullets produced before him in court were the ones handed over to him by Mursalim.
Thirty accused, comprising 27 Filipinos and three local residents, are being tried in the case, in which some are facing multiple charges of being members of a terrorist group or waging war against the Yang di-Pertuan Agong, recruiting members for a terrorist group or wilfully harbouring individuals they knew to be members of a terrorist group.
They allegedly committed the offences between Feb 12 and April 10, last year.
The hearing before Justice Stephen Chung at the Sabah Prisons Department will resume on Aug 18.