Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCom) director-general Datuk Mohammad Mentek confirmed the matter but said no ransom had been made so far.
“The victim’s family members were given the opportunity to speak with her (abducted vicitm). Both victims are in good health and safe,” he said in a statement to Bernama here today.
He said ESSCom would launch an inspection operation on the chalets at the resort in the surrounding areas of Semporna soon to ensure no foreign workers were working in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (ESSZone).
Mohammad said ESSCom, comprising of the police and Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency, would beef up its asset strength in Semporna to control the situation in the area.
“We will mobilise an additional 30 per cent of our asset strength, involving all the agencies to the Semporna waters but we cannot neglect the security issue in other areas in ESSZone,” he said.
In the 10.30 pm incident last Wednesday, a group of seven armed men intruded into the resort and abducted Gao Hua Yuan, 29, a female tourist from Shanghai and a female resort worker from the Philippines, Marcy Dayawan, 40.
Last Friday, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Hamza Taib was reported to have said Sabah police had arrested four people, including three women to assist in the abduction case. — BERNAMA