KOTA KINABALU, (Feb 19) — The area office of Sabah Electricity Sdn Bhd (SESB) in Beaufort, which was prior to this closed due to floods, started to operate as normal from Monday.
SESB senior general manager (Asset Management) Muhamad Nazri Pazil said the SESB flood operations rooms in the districts of Beaufort, Tenom, Keningau and Sipitang had been shut down as the floods had subsided.
“Nevertheless, SESB is still monitoring the status of power supply 24 hours a day in the affected areas,” he said in a statement here, today.
He said the floods had forced SESB to cut off power supply to 5,000 consumers for security reasons after floods inundated substations, cables and other electrical installations, last Friday.
“The floods have also damaged many electrical installations belonging to SESB. They were repaired or replaced as soon the situation was deemed safe,” he said.
According to Muhamad Nazri, consumers could contact the SESB hotline at 15454 or 088-515000 if they still did not receive electricity supply. — BERNAMA