KOTA KINABALU, (Oct 21) — The police search for a missing Italian businessman has been widened to Lahad Datu, Semporna and Sandakan, and possibily, the interior of Kinabatangan, says Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman.
He said all district police chiefs in eastern Sabah had been directed to distribute pictures of William Bocchi to facilitate investigations.
It is learnt that there was no criminal element in connection with his disappearance.
Bocchi, 52, was reported missing last week after arriving in Lahad Datu on Oct 13.
According to footage obtained from a closed-circuit television camera recording, he was last seen checking into the Four Point Hotel in Sandakan on Oct 13 at 9.25pm, and checking out the following day.
“We have informed the Italian Embassy on Bocchi’s disappearance and those with information on the incident should contact the nearest police station to facilitate investigations,” Jalaluddin told reporters in Kota Kinabalu, Tuesday.
Bocchi arrived in Kota Kinabalu via the KL International Airport on Oct 12 before flying the next day to Lahad Datu.–BERNAMA